The Magistrate Office provides a wide range of services. Our office provides the public with accurate and precise information which consist of the following operations:
- Pre-Trial Department – provides information on new criminal arrest, pending and refused cases.
- Trial Department – provides information on cases that are accepted by the District Attorney Office and assigned to the Magistrate Judge or one of the four Commissioners.
- Name Search Department (Background Check) – provides dispositions on Orleans Criminal Court cases. Fees are $20 same day results or $10 next day results.
- General Docket Department – Allots Criminal Court cases to its proper Court sections.
- Bond Department – provides service to the public on bail bond matters including property bonds, cash bonds, and commercial surety bonds.
- Bond Cashier – provides service to the public by accepting payments for Name Search, Bond Fees, Cash Bonds, Expungement Fees and Copy Fees.
The Clerk’s office accepts payments by Cash, Money Order, Check and Credit or Debit Cards; which are accepted with an additional processing fee.
Office Hours: 8:00am – 7:00pm Monday – Friday
2700 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119 – Room 104